Another month gone and we are now half way done with the year. The second half of the year is the fun part (at least for me)- sunshine, vacations, holidays & parties. This is generally the time when indoor gym usage and personal training is down and more outdoor activity occurs. There also tends to be more eating and drinking, which explains the weight gain during this half of the year.
Here is a question I am asked almost everyday…How do I have fun with family and friends over these next 6 months without over-indulging in calories, sugar and alcohol? I admit I have the occasional drink and consume more sugar (typically organic dark chocolate) than I should, but for the most part I live a life without over-indulging.
Although it can be fun to drink and consume sugar in the moment, I can’t stop thinking about how I will feel the next day. I can’t afford to feel bad the next day or often times “days”- there are too many amazing things to do with our time.
I want to be at my best for my boot campers at 6 am and then again at 5:15 pm. I want to have enough energy for my kids & my wife. I want to have the energy to workout myself. I want to live a life of vitality without being in pain and living on medications.
Many have taken on this challenge of self health & vitality and you can do it also.
Achieving optimal health & vitality ultimately comes down to your values. Write down what is important to you and if your health ranks near the top, it is absolutely necessary to make sure your needs are being met every day. This is Fat Loss Tip #39.
If you commit to achieving your basic needs below, you should achieve the health & vitality you desire:
- Meditate- See my article here: Meditation
- Drink 1/2 your body weight in ounces of filtered water. If you weigh 140 pounds, drink 70 oz of water
- Eat every 2-4 hours and balance all meals with a protein & fat to optimize blood sugar levels
- Do your best to get 8 hours of sleep and be asleep at 10 pm
- Connect with one or more friends, family members, co-workers or neighbors and enjoy their company. Do your best to complete all relationships so it doesn’t take away your energy.
- Achieve daily movement- whatever you enjoy that doesn’t cause pain.
If you are up for this challenge of addressing your needs daily for the month of July, August-December will be easy. Shoot me an e-mail with your results.
For all Fat Loss Tips go to: Fat Loss Tips
Check out my website for the latest articles: www.BrienShamp.com